Friday, October 9, 2009

Out of the Mouth of a Three Year Old

The other afternoon I was in the middle of making fresh salsa when Brendan came into the kitchen and told me he needed to go potty. My hands were a mess so I asked him if he could wait a few minutes, but he said he needed to go right then. I sighed and said just a minute let me wash my hands real quick. He said to me “Mommy, please don’t say that word.” I wasn’t sure what he was talking about so I asked him what word. He ‘sighed’ and said “that word, because that is being grumpy.” It was so funny I cracked up laughing. There is nothing like a three year old correcting your attitude.

 

One day I told Brendan to go take a nap in my room, because it was really hot upstairs in his room. He gave me a kiss and hug and walked into my room. He returned a moment later and told me “Mommy I can’t sleep in there, it is too messy.”  Guess I need to clean my room!

 

-Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment

NeoCounter