Friday, February 26, 2010

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips

     For my birthday my mom and dad bought me a baking stone, and with it my mom gave me this recipe for Peanut Butter Oatmeal cookies. I made them the other day and they were so good that I wanted to share this recipe. (Sorry I don’t have a picture but they didn’t last long enough to take one. He he)  Notice the oatmeal takes place of the flour in normal recipes.

1  1/2 cups peanut butter (the recipe calls for super chunky but I used half crunchy half creamy)

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 cup +2 Tbsp brown sugar

1 cup sugar

3 eggs

2 tsp baking soda

3/4 tsp vanilla

3/4 tsp corn syrup

4  1/2 cups quick cooking oats

1/2 package miniature chocolate chips (regular would work just as well)

Beat all ingredients except oatmeal with a mixer for 2 min. or until creamy. Add oatmeal and chocolate chips. Spoon by teaspoon on to cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 min. (or if using a stone about 15 min.

     I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!  -Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment

NeoCounter