Friday, July 23, 2010

Sleepy

This week Jacob, Austin, and I have been helping out with Vacation Bible School at our church. It has been so much fun! I am in the 3-k class and we have had over 30 kids in our class every night this week. So needless to say it has been busy! Last night when the parents came to pick up their kids one of the moms said to me that I must sleep really well at night. Well so far this week that has been true, up until last night that is...
When we got home from VBS I worked on getting the kiddos ready for bed while Jacob ate his dinner (he goes straight from work to church so he doesn't get to eat dinner till 9). So we got the kids in bed and decided to kick back on the couch with some ice cream (it is after all national ice cream month gotta celebrate the holidays right :) and watch part of a movie that we had started earlier in the week. Part way through the movie we heard this loud beeping noise. We thought it might have been one of the smoke alarms but by the time we got up to go find out it had already stopped. So we started to watch our movie again when it started beeping again. I jumped up and ran down the hall but it once again stopped beeping before I could tell which one it was. Jacob came down the hall too and it beeped again. We finally figured out it was the one in Austin and Tyler's room so Jacob removed the battery and went to find a new one.
All this time our kids continued sleeping. A while back Jacob and I watched a news program that talked about kids sleeping through fire alarms. It is pretty scary but for some reason most kids just don't wake up to the sound of fire alarms going off.
Jacob found a couple of 9V batteries but he wasn't sure if they were still good so he put one in and we went back to watching our movie. A few min. later it started beeping again so he tried the other one and it worked yea!
I fell asleep right at the end of our movie so Jacob woke me up and we went in to go to bed. About 10 min. after Jacob had gone to sleep I was still lying there awake when the smoke alarm started beeping again. Jacob slept through it as well. I woke him up and told him it was beeping again and that I was going to run to Wal-Mart to get a new battery. He got up and said that he would go but I told him that since I was still awake and wouldn't be able to sleep through it beeping that I should go.
So at 12:15am I headed off to get a new one. Actually at the store I got a brilliant idea and bought two just in case. Thirty min. later I was back home and back in bed but then I couldn't go back to sleep. This happens sometimes when I get woke up and get out of bed I have a very hard time going back to sleep. It was quite annoying when I was pregnant and had to use the restroom multiple times at night!
At 2:00am I was still lying there trying to go to sleep so I decided to get up and grab my phone so I could read a book (my cool phone Jacob bought me has a kindle app on it so I can read books).
 Well that worked. A little while later I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer so I put my phone down and went to sleep. Then at 4:40 Saber started whining to go out. I was really tired so I went in and woke up Austin and told him to go sit on the couch until she quit and then to take her outside. Then I went back to bed but again I couldn't fall asleep. I grabbed my phone again thinking it worked so well last time and it did work great again. I was then able to sleep until 7 when Brendan got up to use the restroom. I am very tired today, so I think I'll sleep quite well tonight :)
-Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment

NeoCounter