Thursday, December 30, 2010

Herb and Cheese Batter Bread

What is better than the smell of homemade bread baking in your oven??? Homemade bread you didn’t have to kneed.  Smile   I love homemade bread and I love making homemade bread but I don’t love cleaning up the flour mess on my counter after making homemade bread. I’m not sure what it is about it but I just really don’t like it.  I came across a recipe for batter bread and added some yummy herbs and cheese and came out with a loaf we think is really yummy….and it smells wonderful baking in your oven!!! (Sorry my picture isn’t the greatest. I should have paid more attention in photography class instead of cutting my friends’ hair in the dark room.)DSCI1575

If you would like to make some too; here is the recipe.

Herb and Cheese Batter Bread                   makes 1 loaf

1 envelope active dry yeast

1  1/4 c warm water

2 T  sugar

1 t  salt

1 t oregano

1 t parsley

1 t garlic powder

1/2 t  thyme

1/2 t  basil

1/2 t  marjoram

1 T  melted butter

2  3/4 c  all purpose flour

1/4 c grated parmesan cheese

3/4 c grated cheddar cheese

Dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit for 5 min. Add sugar, salt, all the herbs, butter, and 2 cups flour. Beat 2 min. on medium speed with electric mixer. Stir in remaining flour and cheeses. Spoon into a greased bread pan. Cover and let rise for 45-60 min. or until doubled in size. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 35-40 min. or until done. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.

3 comments:

  1. Great recipe! My family will love this recipe, thanks for posting it!

    Wishing you and your family a very Bless New Year!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! all those herbs and cheese look amazing! i love homemade bread.

    thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks delicious. I know my husband would just love it. I was planning to do a simple salad tonight and maybe I will do this bread recipe along with it! Thank Angie!

    ReplyDelete

NeoCounter