Monday, March 21, 2011

Hello again…

     I am not sure why, but I haven’t felt like blogging lately. Not because I don’t have anything to say, because there have been lots of things that I thought I should blog about but then never got around to doing. Maybe it is because we haven’t been doing that much away from home since our kids have been sick off and on since the end of January. I think there have only been a few times when everyone has been well and healthy enough to go do things, but  then someone gets sick again. We’ve gone through fevers, chills, sore throats, coughing and runny noses, to throwing up, ear infections, eye colds, and even hives (which were caused from stress from being sick. I thought they were always from an allergic reaction, but apparently not). We have missed a lot of church lately and since we teach the 4th through 6th grade class on Wednesday nights Austin has stayed home to watch the other kids a lot too.

   With the kids being sick a lot we have gotten a little behind in our school work so we are not taking a spring break this year. That way we can get caught up again and not have to do school into summer. Other than being a little behind school is going well. We have been reading some interesting books and doing some fun projects.

    Austin is now in a junior high and high school homeschool group and has been able to do some fun things with them. This last month he went to a movie night and ice skating. When we took him to go ice skating our other kids wanted to go as well especially Ethan. I didn’t think I would be able to help both he and Brendan at the same time so I told the kids we would have to come back on one of Jacob’s days off so he could help too. When we came home and I gave Ethan his nap the first thing he said when he woke up was “Can we go ice skating now?” I explained to him that we had to wait until one of Jacob’s days off, and until the day we went he asked me the same question every time he woke up in the morning, and every time he woke up from his nap in the afternoon. I have a few pictures from ice skating that I will post on here (when I find my camera). We also took a few videos of the kids skating but they are pretty shaky so Jake and I and maybe grandmas and grandpas will be the only ones who would appreciate them so I won’t post those.  Smile

-Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment

NeoCounter