Sunday, September 21, 2008

Homeschooling

This is my eighth year homeschooling. It is amazing how fast time flies. Austin is in 6th grade this year, Karissa is in 3rd, Tyler 1st, and Aleigha preschool. I was a little nervous about how things would work out this year (homeschooling 4 kids, plus a 2 year old and a 4 month old), but so far it is going rather well. I made a daily schedule for this year and it is proving to be very helpful. It keeps me on track and focused. I am using the Abekka curriculum again this year and I am really enjoying it. 
For this year,I have decided to increase the number of  science, cooking, and art projects with the kids to make things a little more fun. We made a chocolate mousse cheesecake the second week of school, which turned out beautiful and delicious. The kids were very proud of it, and were very excited to share it with their dad (our very willing taste tester).

-Angie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NeoCounter